Friday, July 6, 2012

Overnight Steel Cut Oats

I finally tried steel cut oats a couple of months back.  I learned if you soak them overnight, it makes cooking them in the morning a lot faster.  However, I found this on Pinterest and this makes breakfasting with oats even easier!!

You basically toast the oats in butter - I use coconut oil - and then add water.  Let it boil for a bit, then let it sit out on the stove overnight.  In the morning you dress it up however you please.  We go for the old standby of cinnamon, vanilla and brown sugar.  Sooo yummy!  I call this Pinterest find a success.  Ajay and Alex are still trying to get used to the texture but Aren gobbles it up.

We've done this twice now and will be doing it many, many times in the future. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Whaddya think?